Today, I faced a weird WordPress redirection problem where my latest blog post “The Worst Blogging Advice I’ve Ever Got” was getting redirected to a YouTube video found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFngSCaY5nA. Since I am not a techie guy, I searched for a solution on the Internet and finally got my answer in the below links:
So, I decided to post the solution here on my blog as well for my readers, in case they may face such issues in the future.
1. Download the wp-content folder via FTP.
2. Download FileSeek and Install in the computer. You can download the trial version for 30 days.
3. After installing FileSeek, open it and browse the wp-content folder under “Path” you’ve downloaded in Step 1.
4. In the “Query” field, type http://spamcheckr.com/l.php and hit the big Search button.
5. Depending on the file size, it takes few seconds to 5 minutes to search the link. It shows extensively the file name, the line no., and the surrounding code where the link is found. If you click the link, you will find it gets redirected to the mentioned YouTube video.
6. Now, remove the malicious code surrounding the URL.
Let me know if you’ve ever faced such problems and how you solved the issue.